Dr Shilpa Aggarwal is a Child and Adolescent psychiatrist, trained at leading institutes across Australia and India. After completing her MBBS, she obtained postgraduate degrees in psychiatry from KEM Hospital, Mumbai, and Base Hospital, Delhi. Thereafter, she was awarded the fellowship of Royal College of Psychiatry, Australia and New Zealand (FRANZCP). She further super specialized in child psychiatry and gained work experience in the field across leading hospitals in Australia (Royal Children’s hospital, Melbourne, Royal Melbourne Hospital etc.) over last 14 years.
Dr Shilpa Aggarwal is an Internationally recognized clinical scientist in the field of child psychiatry and has published several scientific papers in highly ranked international journals (British Medical Bulletin, Australasian Psychiatry among others). She is currently working as a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist at Narayana Health- SRCC Children’s Hospital in addition to leading an International research project dealing with self-harm in youth.
Academic Achievements and Awards
- Sarda Menon gold medal for securing first rank in Diplomate of National Board Examination (DNB Psychiatry)
- Young psychiatrist award by Indian Psychiatric Society for SAARC Psychiatric Federation fellowship
- Selected for editorial board development programme of Lancet Psychiatry
- Nominated by Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists for Japanese Society of Psychiatry and Neurology annual Conference.
Research and Scientific Publications
(Full details available on https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=shilpa%20aggarwal)
- Development of a context specific stress scale extensively used for stress research in India https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2917092/
- An autism study in adolescents at an early intervention service in Melbourne https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25653302/
- Systematic review of data on suicide in India https://academic.oup.com/bmb/article/114/1/127/246320
- Systematic review of mental health issues in adolescents in India. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25499463/